Wednesday 8 February 2012

My Favourite... Part Three: Lou Morgan

Hi Guys,

Today it's on to the latest part of our 'My Favourite' interviews, and today we're joined by author Lou Morgan, whose debut title Blood and Feathers comes out from Solaris later this year. Some great choices, as always, and well worth checking a number of these out!

MY FAVOURITE: LOU MORGAN

FAVOURITE BOOK: One book? You realise that's like asking me to pick my favourite from a box of kittens, right? If I had to choose just one (and I'm doing this with much pouting, stamping of feet and general sulking, you understand) then it has to be "Life: A User's Manual", by Georges Perec, which is - in theory, at least - about the inhabitants of an apartment building in Paris. At the same time, however, it's about jigsaws, crosswords, literary allusions, memory, life, death... it's a big, unwieldy story, but it's fun and clever and I wish more people had read it.

FAVOURITE AUTHOR: Depending on which name he happens to be wearing at any given time, Michael Marshall Smith / M M Smith / Michael Marshall. I'm also a big fan of Arturo Perez-Reverte's work: especially books like "The Dumas Club" and "The Seville Communion", which blew me away the first time I read them.

FAVOURITE GENRE FILM: "The Lost Boys". I have huge affection for this one, and I've easily seen it enough times to know every single line. Yes, especially the "death by stereo" one.

FAVOURITE NON-GENRE FILM: You're probably not going to let me sneak "Inception" in as non-genre, are you? No, thought not. Spoilsport. In that case, it's probably Hitchcock's 1940 version of "Rebecca".

FAVOURITE TV SHOW: "Supernatural". I am predictable, yes. I'm OK with that.

FAVOURITE BAND: Pendulum. Brilliant albums (try "In Silico" if you've never heard them), and they're absolutely astonishing live.

FAVOURITE GAME: I'm an old-school computer gamer: I never quite grew out of "Doom" LAN deathmatches. But *my* game? My game's "Tekken". I play as Hwoarang, and I lose - frequently, and noisily.

No comments:

Post a Comment